10 November 2006

the christmas spirit grows for each new day ...

october sunday walk As it's getting colder outside and it's already November I'm thinking of Christmas. I love Christmas time of the year because I love all the cooking and baking and candy making, all the great smells, all the candle lights, the decorations ... and, of course, all the reasons to craft and create. I use to make holiday cards, gifts, decorations, gift wrapping ... However, this year I work so much I realise I wont enjoy all the preparations if I have to do everything in December. Hence, I've already begun making some gifts for Christmas. Some involve photos, many involve knitting (since knitting is kind of the only thing I can do on the train).

There are always some among my friends and family that are so easy to make/buy gifts to. And then there are those you never know what to give, still you want to give something. You don't want to put a lot of effort in making something - they wouldn't really appreciate it anyway - but you don't know what to buy either. For the "easy" ones I already have so many ideas that I have to choose since I simply don't have enought time to make all. Unfortunately, I cannot show you so many of my gifts until after Christmas. What are you making/buying for your friends and family?

2 comments:

Sean Carter said...

Planning and then choosing gifts for each one is a real difficult job..I think you need to be a lil intuitive and thoughtful about each thing that you buy or make!! You can peep into my Holiday Blog for some out of the box ideas..that might help you...

Lina said...

Jul är mest ångest (konsumtion, jag-saknar-barndomen, stress...), men lite fint får du det att låta. I år ska jag virka tofflor i lovikarestgarn, och så böcker såklart (funkar alltid till de "svåra", typ pappor). Sen får vi se...

Jättevackert frostigt foto!