21 October 2006

Children of the forest

When I was little my grandma had an old book that was used in school to teach children reading. It contained many stories and my favourite was the one with the children of the forest by Elsa Beskow.

children of the forest

I loved the illustrations with the children, all so small, living in the nature and of the nature. And I loved all the details, like the mushroom hats and how they played with the animals. I think I've always been fascinated by things that are small :-) and I used to imagine small people living in the trees when I was outside playing.

children of the forest

I was really happy when I found "Children of the forest" ("Tomtebobarnen" in Swedish) in the English Bookshop in city.

children of the forest

children of the forest
"Click" the images to see bigger versions.

***

I have told you before that my job and travelling back and forth takes a lot of time and energy, but the good thing about that is that I get so many good crafting ideas. I write them down on pieces of paper (my bag is full of them now ...) and I think I've never been this creative when it comes to getting ideas. The bad thing is, ofcourse, that I seldom have time to try them. I have made some necklaces - completely new style - but I have to work on them a bit more before showing you ;-)

No comments: