03 February 2008

what I've done lately

zam's new blanket

Now I haven't posted for a while. But I have been crafting when I haven't been busy working, visiting the doctor or buying a house ;-) Yesterday I made a new blanket for Zam, you can see more of it here and on Flickr. It's not a very beautiful thing, but he so needed it.

I tried a bit of embroidery. It's not what I'm best at, but it was fun. I haven't finished it yet, it'll be something for Magnus. If I was a clever girl I could give it to him on his birthday this month, but ofcourse I couldn't keep quiet so I told him everything about it ;-) Cross-stitch embroidery isn't really my thing, I thought, but since I'm always keen on trying new things I decided to go for it and I found out that I liked it. It was nice to sit in bed, concentrate and count the stitches to follow the pattern.
One evening when I was tired I also made three atcs. They are no beauties, but I wanted to do something simple with paper without having to think too much.



A week and a half ago I tried making a dotee doll following the instructions by Dot herself. It didn't turn out too pretty ;) . But it was my first try. Maybe I'll do another one, maybe not. When I made it I got the idea to needle felt a doll instead so I made this one:



Here are a few things I've finished lately. One of the purses (this one for Elena):
finished! + tea bag

And the soft soft super super soft scarf for a swap:
winter cozy swap

An acrylic painting:
winter

I also made a necklace (quite a while ago though, but haven't showed you yet). It's for a swap for knitters. You can see what I sent here. My photo is quite bad, but it's a ball of yarn with two needles in.
knitting ... necklace

1 comment:

iHanna said...

Smycket är ju supercoolt! VIlken rolig idé!