10 July 2007

Sewing

linne

I'm not good at sewing, I only have very basic skills. But, as with all other craft projects, that hasn't stopped me from trying. I've made many mistakes throughout the years, but for each of them I learn something.

I sometimes try to follow patterns and instructions, but since I have a very limited "sewing vocabulary" I often have to give up simply because I don't understand what they mean. This one I made without a pattern or instruction.

It came out almost as I wanted it (the photos are before ironing etc, though).

linne

Recently I bought a book, Sew what! Skirts, which I found very useful and inspiring. I learnt more about how to sew withouth a pattern - or rather, how to make my own - and make it simple and personal. This was my first attempt (olive green linen and old thrifted sheets):

skirt

No comments: